Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Here's some trivia for you

Who gets excited over old pieces of wood that were discovered on the Oregon shore after some severe storms eroded away part of the beach?  Answer: NPR 

This short article is about as exciting as the trivia question but what amazed me was this quote: "Geologists say the stumps in these ghost forests could be 4,000 to 80,000 years old."  Even though I have about 100 geologists on staff just for fun, I will admit I'm not a geologist.  However, why the hell do they get so much room for margin of error?  It's like me telling our shareholders we'll be anywhere from 50%-2000% of our sales projections for this quarter.  It's time we started demanding more from our scientists; let them know we're not willing to put up with this pull a hypothesis out of your ass anymore.  It's not acceptable in business so they shouldn't get away with it either.

No comments: